- Reminder -Car Park – As per our Travel and Transport Plan, please make sure you drive slowly and with care in the carpark. Please ensure that you reverse into car parking spaces at pick up time. Children should be accompanied at all times in the carpark
- Looking for – We are looking for a clock for our hall. Do you have one you no longer use, that you would like to give a new home to?
- Year 2 and Year 5 Meet the Teacher– Now that Miss Simpson and Miss Flight have had a chance to settle in and get to know the children, we would like to invite parents to come an meet them on Monday 19th February at 3.15pm (Year 2) and 3.30pm (Year 5).
- School Nurse Drop in Session – The school nurse will be in school from 8.30-12.30 on Wednesday 21st February, if you would like to book an appointment to see her, please contact the office.
We are delighted to say that Forest School will be starting up again after half term. Please ensure children bring forest school kit with them on their forest school day.
- Monday 19th February 2024 – Back to school
- Monday 19th February 2024 – Year 2 (3.15pm) and Year 5 (3.30pm) Meet the teacher
- Wednesday 21st February 2024 – School Nurse Drop in Session 8.30 – 12.30
- Thursday 22nd February 2024 – Year 1/2 Girls Football – Hereford FA
Please remember that meals need to be booked by midnight on Wednesday 14th February for the first week back after half term. Any meals booked after this will not show up on our system.
Stars of the Week
|Margot and Douglas
|Sofia and Matty
|Rosie and Seb
|Matilda, Owen and Dotty
|Neve and Ethan
|Isla and Henry
|Tilly and Oren
|Mrs Harrison’s Star of the Week
|Lucas (Year 6)
This week’s attendance award goes to: Year 2 (99.13%)
Snapshot of the week
This week Year 1 have had a lot of fun making sculptures. Our focus this half term was to create a 3D model of a bird. The children experimented making feathers to create their beautiful designs.
Snapshot of the week
Year 3 have had a fantastic time this week engaging in a range of different activities for Children’s Mental Health Week! As a school, we have focused on the word BEING – where each letter stands for a different something that we can do to support our mental health.
On Tuesday, we focused on Engage – learning a new skill! We followed a YouTube tutorial to learn how to draw some pretty cool looking sea creatures. Here is some of the artwork we created!
Snapshot of the week
In Year 5 this week, we have been practising our spelling of the ‘i before e except after c’ rule by writing all over the tables! We have also designed and painted model Roman shields, using the almost complete Roman Scutum (shield) found at Dura Europos, a Roman fort in Syria, as inspiration.
Welcome to the Colwall Family!
Congratulations to Miss Dyer on the birth of her baby boy – Sebastian Andrew, who took us all by surprise by arriving 4 weeks early. Mum and baby are doing well!
1st February 2024 – Year 1 and 2 Boys Football at Hereford FA.
Our first fixture of this year we traveled to the Hereford Football Association with a group of 7 Year 1 and 2 boys (4 Year 1’s and 3 Year 2’s). The aim of this tournament was to get the boys involved and having fun, but on top of this we also won most of our games. The boys played exceptionally well, scoring goals, and defending them. We have attended these tournaments before with KS2 and so it was amazing to be able to give KS1 the same opportunity. The effort the boys put in was unmatched and I felt proud to be a part of the team, as should they. Well done to all that went!
5th February 2024 – Year 3 and 4 Hockey at Ashperton Primary School.
The team turned up at this event eager to get stuck in and give it their best. With some of them not playing a lot of hockey prior, they all encouraged one another, increased confidence, and worked as a team to enjoy themselves, as well as come away with some fantastic results. Once again, we are extremely proud of this team for putting themselves forwarding and trying something new, and hope they are as proud of themselves and each other as we all are at the school. We hope it is something they will continue with in the future.
7th February 2024 – Year 5 and 6 Netball at Ashfield Park Primary School.
On Wednesday, Mrs Harrison and Miss Bille took a squad of 7 students to a 5v5 netball tournament at Ashfield Park. Here we played 4 matches against the other 4 schools in the South Herefordshire Netball League. Upon arrival, we did a warm-up with the netball and from this we knew we had the potential to be great. This proved to be true when we won all 4 of our games, scoring at least 4 or 5 goals in each. Working as a team, they defended the ball and passed it around brilliantly, enabling us the opportunity to score. The children demonstrated mutual respect towards the other teams, shaking hands and saying 3 cheers at the end of each match. It was amazing to watch them all grow in confidence as the tournament went on. Each of them played a massive part within the team and we could not be more proud of their efforts and their behaviour towards each other, other teams, and everyone involved.